Veripure for Food Sanitation
Sep 06, 2023
At VeriPure, our mission is to provide water filtration systems that equip your home with safe drinking water for your families. Our systems use ozone, one of Earth’s natural purifiers, and a combination of filters to remove bacteria, heavy metals, chlorine, fluoride and many other harmful substances from your drinking water.
Providing safe drinking water isn’t the only use for VeriPure systems. One of the more important applications of VeriPure ozonated water is its food sanitation benefits.
Since 2015 there have been 120 multistate foodborne outbreak notices published by the CDC. While many outbreaks stem from leafy greens, chicken and beef, there are additional food products like frozen strawberries, cookie dough, and ice-cream that have caused food-borne illnesses as well.
Washing your produce and certain meat products can make the difference. On average, your food can travel over 1,500 miles before it reaches your plate. That’s a lot of time for external contamination to occur, in addition to its exposure to contaminants as it grows and makes its way through processing facilities.
(Want to learn just how prevalent E.coli and Salmonella are in the leafy greens and poultry industries? Watch this.)
VeriPure’s ozone-purifying water systems kill harmful bacteria and food-borne illnesses like E.coli and Salmonella which can cause sickness, long term health complications, and even death.
Exposure to some food-borne illnesses is avoidable!VeriPure residential systems can be used in many home applications, especially in the kitchen. Below are a few common ways that ozone-purified water (in addition to cleaning agents when applicable) can be used to decontaminate and kill harmful bacteria that can harm your family.
- Wash your counters after cooking to kill lingering bacteria and germs
- Wash leafy greens like romaine lettuce and spinach to reduce exposure to dangerous E.coli strains
- Rinse your poultry (and eggs) with ozone-purified water to kill dangerous bacteria, like Salmonella, from residual fecal matter or other contaminants picked up in the processing plants
- Wash other produce, like fruits and vegetables, to reduce exposure to microorganisms
- Decontaminate commonly touched surfaces (handles, switches, garbage can lids, etc.)
- Use when cleaning baby bottles, utensils, or other kitchen equipment
Take control of your family’s safety with purified water from a VeriPure ozone filtration system.